Being still.

I sit,
And notice,
Thought,
Seeking only,
To be still.

Mind is persistent,
Wanting to name
to explain.
to fill internal silence
with unspoken words.
I bid it to rest.

And then,
Feelings rise,
Joy,
Sorrow,
Fury
Peace
And are joined
By memory.
Luring mind,
Again into motion.
And these too
I bid be still.

And visions,
Then clamour
To grasp attention,
spectacular colours
intricate patterns,
Tempt attention
Into wonder
and bliss.

Even gods
Reveal
Their faces
Inviting mind
To tumble
Into motion again.
I notice them
And pass on.

Mind reaches out
On the pretext
That all is
consciousness.
Serenity,
contentment.
more illusions

Until all the veils
are gone,
I am just
Attending,
Conscious,
Aware.

Of stillness,
Of the void,
Of the emptiness,
Of the Nothing,
We create gods,
To fill,
and spirits,
To defend
Ourselves from.

And yet
It is harmless,
No malice,
No threat,
No presence,
Nothing,

Some might say
It empowers me,
But it does not:
I empower me,
By being still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH

Ariol and the Dragon Part 3 of 3.