Google Evolution.

OK. So I have been very quiet on this blog of late. Mostly processing thoughts and life in general. I also have several draft posts I haven't managed to complete to my satisfaction.

But I just noticed something I had to share.

Some time ago I wondered to myself what would come up if I just Googled the word evolution. So I did, as one does.

I was mortified, ICR, AIG and a number of other creationist pages dominated the results. It was only on the third page that anything actually science based turned up.


I also recall Google touting a little while ago that results on their search engine would at some point be ranked for accuracy.

Well, long story short, a conversation today made me wonder if things had changed, so Google 'evolution' again.

And lo and behold, lots of actually useful results.

This might not seem that big a deal. However I wonder if it will impact on youngsters who get fed creationist spin, who then Google and find actual information, rather than the distortions of creationist sites.

Live long and prosper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH